Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Prawn - Prawn Sambal

I started wanting to make a nasi lemak. But then decided to change plans due to the fact that I did not have cucumber, ikan bilis and peanuts. I enjoyed this quite a fair bit. Reminds me of Madam Kwan's nasi bojari.....


Ingredients:

20 prawns
2 large onion (sliced in rings)
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 tsp black soy sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fish oil

blend:
20 dried chilies
3 fresh chilies
1 small piece of belachan
2 lemongrass
1 tbsp coriander (not necessary)
8 cloves of garlic
8 shallots
2 tablespoon of oil
1/2 cup of water (or more depending on you own liking)

Preparation methods:

Heat a pan with oil and fry onions till soft. Add in blended ingredients and simmer in medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients for seasoning and cook for 5 minutes or longer till the sambal gets the consistency you like.

Reheat the pan and fry prawns till cooked. Usually 3 to 5 minutes a side. Add in sambal that was made before and heat for another 5 minutes.

p/s I did not have raw papaya here. Would have cut them in slices and replace 1 sliced onion. I'm sure it would taste much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment