Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pig's Blood - Pig's Blood Fried With Chinese Chives

This is the first time in over 3 years since i saw pig's blood being sold in the asian grocery. Actually, I did not even see it. Jong and Silva went to the grocery store and found it. I didnt even know they bought it until we came back. But this is one dish that made our day today.


Ingredients:

1 pkt Pig's Blood (300g, cubed)
1 cup chinese chives/ jiu cai (cut in 1 inch lengths)
3 coves garlic (sliced)
1 stalk spring (onion)
5 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Shao Xing wine
pinch of pepper

Preparation Method:

Heat 3 tbsp of oil and fry garlic till brown. Add pigs blood and fry with medium heat, constantly stirring for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in chives and the rest of the ingredients and fry for further 2 mins. Serve.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. It pretty much mirrors what I was told by the lady in the shop - the chives must be a standard co-ingredient.

    I might try slices rtather than cubes next time, since it's easier to uniformly brown the blood that way.

    This was the first time I'd tried pigs blood Chinese style (I don't count British black pudding, since it's seasoned and fattier).

    For those who like me don't know what to expect, the blood has a texture similar to a firm tofu and a delicately livery taste, which is quite pleasant and goes well with the chives. It didn't rock my world, but I'd happily eat it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you boil the blood before sauteed or does it go straight in the pan

    ReplyDelete