Monday, May 4, 2009

Prawn- Butter Prawn

This is one of my favorite dishes. This is the kinda wet kind of butter prawn. There's another type which is dry and crispy. I would attempt that another day.


Ingredients:

1kg Prawns (approx)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 egg
5 - 7 tbsp flour

Sauce:

2/3 cup cream/milk
2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp curry leaves
2 tbsp diced chilli (deseeded)
2 tbsp diced corriander
5 tbsp sugar (approx)
3 tbsp of cornflour (approx)
pinch of salt and pepper

Preparation Methods:

I would have deshelled the prawns but in this dish i didn't. Marinade prawn with soy sauce, pinch of salt and pepper for half an hour. Add egg and flour to marinated prawns. Deep fry till cooked.

In a separate pan, heat butter with medium heat. Add curry leaves and fry till fragrant. Add rest of the ingredients and boil till the sauce is thick. Add prawns in and stir for another 2 minutes.

p/s Ideal milk can be used instead of sugar. I would say put two or three tablespoon. Again taste taste and taste the sauce. All the recipes i provide are close approximations. I never really measure the amount of ingredients I put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment